Subject: Re: [Coco] C Compiler
From: "Stephen H. Fischer" <[email-masked]>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 07:24:27 -0700
List-Id: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco.maltedmedia.com>

Hi,

I think that we need someone to step up and build the disks so that Dean can
just do the web page.

Dumping everything on him is a very poor idea.

What I see happening is presenting everything as must have which is
incorrect and should not be done.

The basic core needs to be defined first for a "new" or returning "C" coder
to get the basic parts installed and start coding. I had the benefit of 
using the
disks I had set up twenty years ago so it was not hard to add the needed
parts to the VCC VHD.

The prime section which consists of:

cc_2_5_2.lzh
ansifront012.lzh
cprep19a.lzh
c.pass1
c.pass2
c.opt
rma
rlink

The defs and lib files needed for general use.

Once this has been created and checked then go on to some of the rest.

The web page needs to start out with an Executive Summary.

SHF

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "John Donaldson" <[email-masked]>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] C Compiler

Dean,
Once you have compiled all the C Compiler Modules, I would like to see a zip
file made of a C Compiler Setup that includes all the newest modules. In the
past I have found it hard to figure out in which (sub)folder each module
goes
into and which updated module replaces which module.

When the orginal C Complier first came out, I had just bought a COCO3. The
COCO Club I was in figured out how to setup a programming
session where one window was the editing window, another was the compiling
window and a third window where you ran the program. It made
development and/or bug fixing a breeze. Not many other home computer systems
could do this.
I have a huge folder with C Compiler Modules, programs, files, docs, and
etc. I will zip it up and send it to you.

John Donaldson

________________________________
From: Dean Leiber <[email-masked]>
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, May 26, 2011 2:28:40 AM
Subject: [Coco] C Compiler

After having a short discussion with Stephen Fischer regarding the
C-Compiler
for OS-9, I have decided to add a C-Compiler section to the
www.os9projects.com
website to act as a central clearinghouse for all things C-Complier related,
including components, libraries, etc. I have been interested for some time
in
doing some small programming projects, but finding all the latest components
has
been next to impossible so I went on to other projects. So, to alleviate
this
problem and hopefully to spur development in the community I have decided to
host this on my website.

This is for the community to use and I will simply be organizing the
information, so I need some feedback about what people feel is needed, etc.
It's
simply a starting point right now, so let me hear your suggestions! And I
also
need the files! :-D

Dean

--
Coco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/coco